Thursday 7 August 2008

My Hometown Glory

I've been walking In the same way as I did,
Skipping every third step, then changing feet for effect and back again till i reach
I'm walking through a wind tunnel - it used to be flat and easy... breezy. But the builder men came and so did the money men. They took a look at the beautiful untouched wasteland of South East London, and said:
"Lets make it like that place on the other side. This current state just won't do. We have more and more people wanting more and more homes. We can use this wasteland and make it nice and put the rich ones here."
So they built a lovely new station for us. But later came the new luxury homes.
Our home is Council - but I don't think it will be around for long.
It doesnt match anymore.
They built a new gallery - but with that came more luxury homes, more protentious 'central londerners darling yeah'.
They built lovely new apartements and spaces for offices -
I can still see the hospital I was born, out my window,
But I can't see Big Ben anymore or The Tower Bridge.
Now we got a refurbished Theatre, and bars on the Cut... then came a Travelodge.#
I can't see St Pauls Cathedral anymore.
Nothing really matches anymore, we don't really match here anymore.
"Is there anythingI can do for you dear?Is there anyone I can call?"
"No and thank you, please Madam I ain't lost, just wandering"
its my hometown.
*courtesy of Adele Hometown Glory from the Album:19*